In order to ensure a smooth course during the sessions, we kindly ask presenting authors to consider the following instructions.
The time slot for each presentation is:
• Tutorials: 60 min (50 min presentation and 10 min discussion)
• Invited papers: 30 min (25 min presentation and 5 min discussion)
• Regular oral papers: 15 min (12 min presentation and 3 min discussion)
• Postdeadline papers: 12 min (10 min presentation and 2 min discussion)
• Workshops & Symposia: Check with your organiser for confirmation of the timing
Session chairs have been instructed to rigorously enforce the schedule, i.e., to strictly limit the length of a presentation. We kindly ask you for your understanding and for your cooperation in keeping the schedule.
Please be at the room of your session 15 minutes before session start, so that you can meet your session chairs and the other speakers in advance.
The slides of your presentation should be prepared in widescreen format (16:9).
Please give the technical personnel any special instructions you may have when you are in the Speaker Room, not during your presentation.
Presentations will have to be uploaded beforehand in the Speaker Room Nairobi from where they will be distributed to the rooms. Each room has a technician, who will assist and start the presentation for you. No use of personal laptops will be allowed. Note that there will be no possibility to upload presentations in the conference rooms.
On-site poster sessions
In order to ensure a smooth course and the complete poster experience, we kindly ask presenting authors to consider the following instructions:
• The poster area will be located in the Foyer on the 2nd floor. Poster presenting authors can display their poster during the day of of their session.
• Each poster board is marked with a poster ID-number. Please find your poster ID-number in the final Programme.
• Presenters are asked to put up their posters during the morning coffee break (10:15 – 10:45) on the day of their poster session.
• Presenters should only use the provided boards and fixed their poster to the board using the supports that will be provided on site.
• Presenters are required to stand by their posters during their whole scheduled poster session.
• Please remove your poster immediately after your session.
The size of your poster should be A0 portrait: 118.9 cm (height) × 84.1 cm (width).
Use an appropriate font size allowing posters to be legible by delegates standing 1.5 m away.
The poster message should be clear and understandable without oral explanation. When preparing the poster, presenters should have in mind the objective of capturing the interest of attendees to the work that is being presented. The quality of the presentation stimulates the attention from the audience and improves the overall satisfaction of the community attending the conference.
Poster Session 1: Tuesday, 20 September 2022, 17:30 – 19:00
Poster Session 2: Wednesday, 21 September 2022, 17:30 – 19:00
Location: Foyer 2nd floor
Poster pitch sessions
As part of the poster presentations at ECOC 2022, we introduce onsite poster pitch sessions in order to improve the visibility of posters. Each poster presenter will be giving a brief 1-minute pitch about his subject to raise interest for his work and to encourage the audience to view his poster. Only onsite poster presenter can participate and have exactly one minute and two slides to pitch his poster. Fill in the title slide with the requested information. On the second slide, the presenter should focus on the primary objective of the research and highlight only the main result.
Poster Pitch Sessions: Monday, 19 September 2022, 17:30 – 18:30
Locations: Samarkand+Osaka, Singapore and Sydney
The on-site poster sessions will be complemented by a virtual gallery with interactive elements. All poster presenters will have the opportunity to provide a 1-page poster PDF and a short preview video, which will be displayed in a searchable gallery and accompany any other materials provided.
Poster PDF and Video Requirements:
• Save your poster as PDF and name your poster file using your presentation number followed by “-1”. Your poster PDF should be one page only.
• Record your 3-minute poster preview video and save it as MP4.
• Upload your poster PDF and video no later than 9 September 2022 with the link provided to you by email.
Each demo stand will be equipped by default with the following:
• 2 poster boards for posters with A0 portrait format (poster supports will be provided on site)
• 2 tables (180 cm × 75 cm × 73 cm)
• 2 chairs
• 2 monitor screens (24")
• 1 standard power outlet (230 V, 10 A, 2.3 kW, 50 Hz, Type J (13) - standard Swiss plug with ground)
• Wi-Fi internet connectivity
Demo Session: Tuesday, 20 September 2022, 10:15 – 15:45
Location: Foyer 3rd floor